Saturday, June 30, 2007

"Moon fever" short animation facial expressions



hi everyone, it's been a while since I've posted anything in the blog about my work in 3dsmax even though the forum is called "3dsmaxer", kind of got all excited with Zbrush 3, those who haven't tried definitely should :), so here it goes... I am working on a short animation for my uni Major project called "Moon Fever", the main character is a Pan (a forest creature, comes from Greek Mythology and resembles devil), I have just finished modeling and texturing his body in Zbrush and 3dsmax and doing his facial expressions, to export normal maps from Zbrush I've used XNormal, a great free software, for the tutorial on how to convert displacement maps to Normal maps please refer to the tutorial in the previous post or click here:
http://3dsmaxer.blogspot.com/2007/06/exporting-high-quality-nomal-maps-in.html

here's a pic with 3 of his facial expressions, rendered in 3ds max with V-ray (1st image 25 seconds, second image 35 seconds, third one is 22 seconds, all of them are at 1000x1000 resolution) please tell me what you think :)

No comments: